Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Can Mold Grow in a Chimney?
Don't let mold take over your chimney. Call SERVPRO of North Kingstown today.
Mold can grow in homes in North Kingstown in the most unexpected places.
Mold can grow whenever excess humidity settles upon your home. Typically bathrooms, attics, and basements are the first places one checks for mold, but all of your home is vulnerable to its spread. Rather than relying on household-grade cleaning solutions, call a professional team to assess your problem and help you take action.
SERVPRO can help with mold remediation in North Kingstown. Whether an odd smell or a discoloration in the ceiling alerted you to the issue, call our team for help. Shortly after arriving at your home, we can give you a thorough evaluation of where the damage is and how to fix it. Mold can quickly spread in conditions such as-
- Increased humidity levels
- Presence of wood or cardboard as food sources
- Time-lapse allowing its growth
Mold is one of those issues where an expert team makes all the difference. Call SERVPRO of Washington County at (401) 315-2337 as soon as you detect the problem and so we can leave your home “Like it never even happened.”
South Kingstown Residents Can Rent Kayaks for Exploration of the Bay and Ponds this Winter
SERVPRO Suggests You take a trip around South Kingston by Kayak. Why NOT?
The Kayak Center of Rhode Island offers South Kingstown Residents the Opportunity to Explore the Surrounding Islands.
One of the advantages of living by the waterfront in South Kingstown is the wealth of tranquil harbors, bays, and waterways. Exploring these inlets by Kayak is a relaxing day trip that suits riders of all skills and abilities. Located in Wickford's quaint township, a short distance from South Kingstown is the Kayak Center of Rhode Island. The shop is open all year round, including December, providing gear and expertise to outdoor enthusiasts. There is a wealth of knowledge from staff if you are looking to buy equipment, although the shop also supports local day rentals charged by the hour. Trips to Cornelius Island or Ninigret Pond are highly recommended.
- The Kayak Center is situated on Brown Street and opens between 10 pm and 5 pm on weekdays. A later opening time of noon on Weekends.
- Online booking is intuitive and quick with the signing of necessary waivers and setting up of Kayaks.
- The company also runs regular tours, classes, and events for the local community.
Extracting large quantities of water from a property requires industrial equipment. Contact SERVPRO of Washington County at (401) 315-2337 now.
Take a Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard From North Kingston by Boat
SERVPRO Says--Why Not take a ferry from North Kingston to Martha's Vineyard?
This December Ferry Runs from North Kingston to Martha's Vineyard Set Off from Narragansett Bay
The Island of Martha's Vineyard is the third-largest on the East Coast of America and makes a popular holiday destination for residents of Rhode Island and North Kingston. The ferry service takes passengers from Rhode Island across to Martha's Vineyard, cutting out much traffic and congestion. Drinks are served onboard. During certain months of the year, passengers can spot whales diving in the surrounding waters- the original popularity of these islands was as stopovers for whalers in the mid-twentieth century. There are numerous public gardens and historic sites suited to the whole family, while day vacations are recommended, with the earliest ferries leaving 6 am.
- The Fast Ferry has been in service since 2003 and also runs tours of nearby Narragansett Bay.
- Dockside parking starts at just $10 a day for those riding the fast ferry.
- Each Rhode Island ferry takes up to 400 passengers and runs throughout December and January.
Fire and smoke can cause extensive soiling to your belongings, walls, carpets, and ceilings. For a speedy recovery, contact SERVPRO of Washington County at (401) 315-2337.
Westerly Families Can Trust Us After a Fire Emergency l SERVPRO® of Washington County
If you have fire damage in your home due to a heating malfunction or other issue, count on SERVPRO of Washington County to help you from start to fini
Rhode Island winters can be a unique challenge for homeowners—and it’s important to be prepared for what can happen during the colder months of the year.
One of the ways homeowners can do that is by having an emergency plan in place. Because fire risks are higher during the winter than during other seasons of the year, experts recommend putting an emergency plan in place so that you’re prepared if something unexpected happens.
It’s smart for families to have a set meeting place outside the home, know the evacuation routes out of the house and have important items (like medications) in easily accessible places so you can take them with you. It’s also a good idea to have a plan in place for any pets, too.
No one likes to think about dealing with the aftermath of a house fire. But if it happens to you and your family, you can rest more easily knowing you have a team of local experts right here in your corner.
In fact, some homeowners like to save our number into their smartphones to get in touch with us if they need our services.
Understanding the SERVPRO Difference
Here’s why Westerly residents trust us to help them deal with the restoration process:
We can help with the entire process. House fires can damage your walls, your furniture’s upholstery and more. Other issues homeowners deal with after a fire include smoke and water damage. You want a restoration company that can cover all types of damage. Our team of experts has the tools needed to do your restoration work the right way.
We’re here 24⁄7. Getting started early on restoration efforts can make a difference. That’s why our team is here to help you when you need our services. Because our team is always available for emergencies, we’ll answer your call whenever you need us.
We believe in restoring items before replacing them. By working with you to meet your needs, we can help you find ways to save money on repairs. And in some cases approaching a job from a restoration mindset can help you save money on your homeowners insurance premiums in the future.
We are a local business. Because we’re a SERVPRO location, we combine the training, resources and equipment you would find at a large, growing company with the advantage of choosing a partner located in Washington County.
If you have fire damage in your home due to a kitchen, heating, or other fire, you can count on us for restoration assistance. Our team is always ready to meet your needs and help you restore your home.Contact us at any time to learn more about our restoration services.
How Does Remediation Improve Preservability of Damaged Contents?
If mold is left unchecked, it can spread very quickly. Contact our IICRC certified mold damage remediation team for an assessment today.
Our SERVPRO remediation professionals can work quickly to reduce the spread and severity of mold threats in your South Kingston home.
When you consider the humid climate that South Kingston neighborhoods contend with throughout the year, it is no great surprise that area homes deal with rapidly-developing mold in moist areas of the property like the basement. Addressing these concerns as they get discovered is the best way to neutralize potentially harmful volatile organic compounds and the impact of microbial colonization on hosting organic building materials and contents.
There are several stages of mold cleanup for South Kingston, and often this process begins with first identifying if and where mold exists in your property. Because homes do not always contend with direct flooding or excessive humidity, some property owners might have to follow specific guidelines on identifying these colonies to notice a problem beginning. Some warning or clear signs of mold growth include:
- Spotting – Irregular spotting on surfaces of organic matter like drywall and clothing can show where mold is beginning to form and where direct actions are necessary.
- Damp Surfaces – Moist surfaces like ceilings and wall panels can indicate a greater water damage scenario beyond the surface. Long-persisting moisture concerns can almost always lead to secondary effects like mold.
- Harsh, Musty Odor – Another indicator that you might be contending with mold colonization is a musty odor. This scent is distinct to mold development. When you encounter it, mold is forming or already present nearby.
- Visible Colonization – Often, the presence of mold is unmistakable, as it has wholly engulfed portions of organic materials like drywall.
What Remediation Strategies Exist?
Understanding the variances in mold remediation begins with appreciating the difference between remediating and removing mold. Mold removal is an impossible practice, yet remediation produces direct action against active colonization in the damaged structures.
- Surface Cleaning – Our SERVPRO team has multiple antimicrobial products that we can apply to lightly damaged surfaces to eliminate mold spotting and inhibit further growth.
- Abrasive Tactics – Sanding and soda blasting are two options that seek to utilize aggressive actions to remove the entire hyphae of the microbial growth without impacting the underlying substrate.
- Controlled Demolition – While it is not always the most favored approach for remediating mold colonies, there are several instances in which removing damaged materials can be more cost-efficient than attempting to dry and thoroughly clean the surface to remove the entire organism.
How Can Your Contents Get Protected?
Protecting your personal belongings is one of the things that sets professional remediation apart from DIY cleaning approaches. We understand how treasured and valued your possessions can be, so there is no delay in containing the spread of mold throughout the property and beginning a thorough assessment of the damage that your home and its contents have endured since colonies first began to form. Some of the strategies for managing your belongings include:
- On-Site Cleaning – Ideally, our technicians and remediators strive to provide on-site cleaning, drying, and deodorization whenever possible. This approach can save time and money on more intricate cleaning practices.
- Relocation – There are several situations where removing items from the path of migrating microbial threats can be enough to protect them from the potential harms they might have experienced during the remediation phases.
- Damage Assessment – We carefully inspect all of the items in your home that could have become impacted by the spread or colonization of spores.
- Off-Site Restoration – Among the most advanced strategies for cleaning and deodorizing personal belongings is the off-site recovery options we can offer at our SERVPRO facility. From ozone chambers to neutralize musty odors in entire lots of your possessions to surface cleaning strategies, we can help.
When Do Contents Get Returned?
The move-back process almost has the same level of careful consideration that pack-out did to remove these contents in the first place. Your personal belongings kept in our climate-controlled facility get staged in groups of the rooms they get returned to when they reach the property. A thorough inspection of each of these items gets conducted to ensure that no lingering surface damage exists or harsh odors are present. Once remediation completes in the house, these cleared items can then get returned where they belong.
Between the damage that mold can do to your home and its contents, you can see the advantages of encouraging the fast response of our SERVPRO of Washington County remediators. We can make mold losses "Like it never even happened," for your home when you call (401) 315-2337.
Who Can North Kingstown Homeowners Count On to Mitigate Bathroom Water Damage in Their Walls?
SERVPRO of Washington County is proud to say that We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
North Kingstown Water Removal Specialists are Ready to Restore Your Home After Disaster Occurs
North Kingstown residents may be prepared for water damage from storms or other natural occurrences, but pipe leaks can create unforeseen challenges that are difficult to mitigate alone. Consumer-grade tools and products make removing water from hard-to-reach areas in wall cavities nigh impossible. Fortunately, there are professionals available for cleanup 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
If your North Kingstown property’s bathroom necessitates water removal, SERVPRO technicians are ready to eliminate damage and return your bathroom to a preloss state.
How Does SERVPRO’s Commitment to 24/7 Availability Protect a Home?
SERVPRO knows that water damage incidents do not wait to happen on a typical 9-to-5 schedule. This team’s commitment to constant availability ensures that North Kingstown homeowners get the cleanup and restoration services they need while reducing their repair and replacement costs for both structural materials and personal belongings affected by water. This availability includes both weekends and holidays.
Why else is it crucial to address water damage quickly? Consider this timeline for a water damage incident:
• Within minutes of exposure, water spreads and saturates porous surfaces. Carpet, drywall, wood furniture, and upholstery can quickly soak up copious amounts of water in the event of a pipe leak or appliance failure. Furniture finishes and dyes can stain carpet fibers permanently. Paper goods, photographs, and books begin to warp from taking on water.
• In the first 24 hours after exposure, saturated drywall can break down while furniture can swell and crack. Metals that have endured consistent exposure to water may tarnish while stains from inks, dyes, and finishes continue to spread to nearby porous surfaces. Odors from water damage and potential microbial growth are likely to appear during this time.
• In the first two to seven days after exposure, the damage continues to increase in scope. Mold can grow and spread rapidly depending on the temperature, humidity, and amount of organic material present. Metals that were already tarnished by water may begin to corrode. Upholstery and furniture frames warp and crack further and can show signs of mold growth.
• If the damage has persisted for more than a week, contamination is likely and requires increasing costs for rebuilding structures and replacing damaged contents.
Can I Detect and Test for a Hidden Water Leak in My Bathroom?
North Kingstown homeowners are advised to stay on the lookout for these classic early signs of hidden water leaks in bathrooms:
• Musty odors accompanied by excess moisture in the air can indicate water accumulation in sheetrock, drywall, or wood. These odors can also indicate mold growth in wall cavities if the odor is particularly pungent or distinct. Take note if the smell is especially strong in a specific area near a wall.
• Microbial growth on baseboards and walls can indicate water damage somewhere in a nearby wall cavity, especially in high-moisture areas of the home like the bathroom or kitchen. Leaks are likely in moldy areas without plumbing fixtures nearby, like ceilings and baseboards.
• If you notice discoloration on your drywall, chances are you have a plumbing-related leak on your hands. Any present paint or wallpaper can eventually crack, flake, bubble, or peel from moisture exposure, especially as the sheetrock underneath warps and crumbles.
• Contact a professional right away if your floor or ceiling is buckling or sagging from potential water damage. SERVPRO strives to preserve your safety in a water damage situation.
What Makes SERVPRO Structural Drying Effective for Water Damage Removal?
SERVPRO structural drying technicians take a multitude of factors into account when drying a structure to restore your home and eliminate the risk of secondary water damage during the drying process:
• Temperature. Adequate temperatures are crucial to the success of structural drying. Rooms dry more quickly at temperatures between 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. However, temperatures that are too high during the early days of drying can create potential secondary water damages.
• Air movement. Air movement is not just blowing a fan over a surface to dry it. This equipment is positioned to pull moisture out of surfaces and into the air so that dehumidifiers can accelerate the structural drying process dramatically while reducing structural damage from water.
• Relative humidity. Successful drying requires lowering of relative humidity—that is, the amount of moisture in the air—to normal levels while preserving appropriate humidity levels for a variety of structural materials.
• Evaporation and extraction. A truck-mounted extraction unit can remove as much as 36,000 gallons of water a day. In comparison, a dehumidification unit can only handle about 30 gallons from your North Kingstown property at a time.
SERVPRO of Washington County is proud to say that We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (401) 315-2337 to begin the mitigation and restoration process for your home.
Can Some Drying Tools Save Restoration Times?
Let SERVPRO put their professional tools and techniques to work for your Westerly home.
We have dozens of drying tools used in Westerly homes, depending on the situation, from standard units to more advanced technologies new to the industry.
Without a working knowledge of the restoration industry, it is not uncommon for many Westerly homeowners to believe that drying only requires implements like towels, mops, and airflow.
Professional services like our SERVPRO team provides seeks to address water damage in Westerly home as efficiently as possible. To do this, we have several extraction, drying, and cleaning tools and products to help. Choosing the right drying tool can substantially reduce restoration times and ultimate costs.
What Tools Does SERVPRO Use for Drying?
Removing moisture from an environment can happen in several ways. The choice in these tools and devices often falls to the materials and areas affected and how challenging they might be to dry with more conventional approaches. Our primary drying tools include:
- Air movers (Centrifugal and Axial)
- Dehumidifiers (Desiccant and Low-grain refrigerant)
- Positive Pressure Systems
- Floor Mat Drying Systems
Removing water and drying up your home after a water loss incident can be faster with our SERVPRO of Washington County team. Give us a call today at (401) 315-2337.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Westerly, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Washington County today at (401) 315-2337 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Can a Summer Barbecue Cause a Fire?
If you had a fire in your Westerly backyard from the barbecue party and don't know what to do? Call SERVPRO to walk you through the steps to get you
A Barbecue in your Westerly Home Can Become a Fire Hazard
We are eager for summer so we can enjoy the outdoors and barbecue. Westerly homeowners enjoying beautiful weather should be vigilant that their event does not convert into a fire hazard. Where you place your grill, citronella candles, and fireworks, you may can all pose a threat to your home.
If you face fire damage in Westerly, you can call our SERVPRO crew for help. Our services are essential even if the fire is not catastrophic, and an assessment upon our arrival can help you corroborate the extent of the damage. Call us around the clock whenever you need a fire restoration technician and let our crew work for you.
Can I wipe fire damage with a household cleaner?
Household detergents are great for the upkeep of your home, but you may cause more damage than you think if you use it on all surfaces. Some cleaners are abrasive, and your furniture and fixtures could suffer if you don't handle them carefully. When you allow our SERVPRO team to lead the effort, you can count on our expertise to decide-
- Which EPA-approved solution to use to clean your belongings
- Which items are beyond repair and need to be discarded
- How to isolate other areas of your home to avoid cross-contamination
Make SERVPRO of Washington County part of your summer plans. Call us at (401) 315-2337 and let us leave your home, "Like it never even happened."
How Do I Get Rid of the Mold in My Home?
Does your Westerly home have mold? Call SERVPRO.
Call the Mold Remediation and Restoration Experts at SERVPRO for Quality Results in Westerly
In Westerly properties, mold damage can occur anywhere in a home where there is enough water for mold spores to expand and become active. Once that happens, a colony can spread throughout the home if there is enough food.
Why SERVPRO? I can use bleach as well as anyone else.
Residential mold removal in Westerly takes far more than a sponge and spray bottle of bleach. SERVPRO understands that growing spores can dig into the surface of property like drywall. With enough time, spores can even penetrate structural supports in the attic and walls.
How do you get rid of it then?
Our restoration teams use cleaning products and anti-bacterial agents designed to penetrate and destroy mold. Where the mold dug into drywall panels, team members can remove and dispose of them without spreading the infestation. If the fungi got into the support structure, technicians can use sanders to remove the surface along with the mold. They also have the option of using a device that blasts soda powder into the affected piece, removing the mold for easier cleanup without damaging it. This process also helps to deodorize the affected area.
To clear your home of mold, call SERVPRO of Washington County at (401) 315-2337. You can quickly schedule a service visit to begin removing mold and returning your home to its original, clean, and safe condition.
We are Cleaning Experts
Stop the spread of pathogens with a professional cleaning for your home or business.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Washington County, (401) 315-2337
SERVPRO Provides Full-Service Cleanup and Build Back for Westerly Homes
SERVPRO Is There for You in Your Time of Need--We Make Westerly Homes Whole Again with Cleanup and Restoration
Why Westerly Residents can use on Restoration Service from Start to Finish
When tackling a home emergency, you may find that a job is too big or that you are unsure of the appropriate restoration techniques and equipment. In these situations, most Westerly residents seek out professional assistance. Our restoration services combine over fifteen years of experience in the industry for the repair of mold, fire, storm, and water damage. Working with residents as well as local commercial companies, our team of qualified technicians can put in place a strategic plan to get your home back to its preloss condition while causing as little inconvenience to you, the homeowner.
During a fire, combusting materials release significant amounts of smoke into the surrounding environment. A lack of proper ventilation can create a pressure vacuum in the area, causing fire damage to your Westerly home. If your heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) unit are on during the fire, then smoke can enter and harm the interior walls of ducts as well as return and supply-side filters. SERVPRO restoration services work closely with the national air duct cleaners association to perform the assessment and repair of a damaged HVAC system.
HVAC systems draw clean air through a supply-side duct, which then sends air throughout the home via ventilation shafts. Return side ducts release cold or heated air into rooms around your Westerly home. Unfortunately, during a fire, HVAC systems can draw in smoke from one area of the home, causing significant harm by circulating it through the network of ventilation shafts and depositing ash or hot smoke into previously unaffected areas of the home. SERVPRO technicians incorporate an HVAC inspection when providing fire restoration services to both residents and commercial clients.
Our first step is to remove the vent connecting the supply side of your HVAC. These vents are typically fitted with filters which can undergo significant harm from smokes or soots during the fire. Using air whips, our restoration service technicians can dislodge soots from the interior walls behind a return side vent or feed longer mechanical brushes into the shaft itself. By applying negative air pressure to the shafts themselves, we can withdraw the loose soots from the system give your Westerly home the best chance of a full recovery.
Mold can crop up during any time of year, but it is commonly associated with the winter months when increases in rainfall create the prime conditions for mold growth. Mold, like other microbes, is a natural part of the home environment; however, in the presence of moisture, it can proliferate rapidly and begin affecting indoor air quality. Once spores grow into colonies, you are dealing with a mold damage situation in your Westerly home. Microbial growth can be challenging to control without the correct equipment and know-how of professional restoration services.
In Westerly, Mold remediation requires council-approved licensing. SERVPRO is Council-certified microbial remediator (CMR) with the experience to bring a microbial growth issue back under control. Our first duty is to dry the property using either air-movers and dehumidifiers or essential cavity drying equipment. By drying the source of mold, we can ensure that it does not grow back after the restoration service. Typically, we follow the drying process with thorough removal, cleaning, and anti-microbial treatment of the affected area.
One of the biggest concerns for Westerly homeowners dealing with mold is their indoor air quality. Mold releases unpleasant odors as well as having an unhealthy effect on the air you breathe. SERVPRO technicians can seal the affected area using either negative air-pressure or physical sheeting then deploy air-scrubbers into the area to clean and filter the surrounding air. Air scrubbers pass air through a series of filters, including charcoal, to remove particles as small as 0.3 microns. By incorporating this equipment into our restoration services, SERVPRO can remove spores as well as odors from the home that may otherwise put Westerly homeowners at risk of inhalation or ingestion.
The work, our restoration service technicians, are most familiar with is water damage restoration for Westerly homeowners. Your property has thousands of gallons of water passing through it throughout the year. These sources can be rainwater draining through roof gutters to your freshwater supply pipe as well as clean water used in appliances and wet-rooms like bathrooms or kitchens. We rarely notice the amount of water we are using until something goes wrong with leaks or pipe joints breaking apart and spilling into the home environment.
Water emergencies are time-sensitive, and the sooner restoration services begin, the sooner mitigation of damages can occur. One of the reasons water incidents are time-sensitive is that microbes degrade over time. They can also affect electrical equipment with permanent harm. SERVPRO restoration services here in Westerly practice appropriate electrical safety at any site by carefully inspecting the area for loose wiring or shutting off power altogether.
Electrical supplies need grounding using a ground fault circuit interrupters (GCFI.) If you have valuable electronics in the area of the home where water damage is prevalent SERVPRO engineers can maintain temperature and humidity above the dew point until specialists arrive. Circuitry needs managing with qualified electricians, which we can contact on your behalf. At the end of service, any outsourcing is included in your stress-free claim meaning you only have to deal with one point of contact throughout the service.
Natural disasters are an irrepressible part of life in Washington County, which can cause severe storm damage to your Westerly home. Restoration services need the experience to counteract the effects of a violent storm on the structure of your home. We can answer questions like where to store contents during structural repair, how to make a home secure to prevent looting or unlawful entry, as well as what steps we need to take in the immediate aftermath to reduce your claim expense.
In our time as a Westerly restoration service, we have notched up a massive amount of experience in extensive loss recovery from a natural disaster. This experience includes Hurricanes Sandy, Harvey, Irma, Matthew as well as the Colorado floods of 2013. To better serve the community in times of emergency we ensure that our roster of technicians here at SERVPRO undergo a 10-hour general and construction industry training program (OSHA.)
An OSHA qualification allows us to perform the critical aspects of structural repair to ensure that your property does not collapse following an especially damaging storm or flood. These duties may include replacing roof tiles, doors, or windows. Reinforcing waterlogged floors and ceilings as well as reconstructing attics or loft spaces. Intervening early in a weakened structure can go a long way to preventing escalating costs. By having general constructors within our Westerly team at SERVPRO, we can intervene early without having to wait for third-parties.
Dealing with multiple facets of restoration for water, mold, storm, or fire can be unbearable for a homeowner. To deal with one company from start to finish, contact SERVPRO of Washington County at (401) 315-2337.
Water Damage Repair Near Me
Our fleet of vehicles and experienced technicians are prepared to help you this fall.
When you are frantically completing a google search for 'water damage repair near me' you are most likely in a dire situation and require a prepared team of water damage repair technicians to quickly arrive on the scene and manage the situation. This is why SERVPRO of Washington County is the first and ONLY call you need to make. We are available 24/7 and will arrive quickly to stop the damage and restore your home or business as quickly as possible. Furthermore, we provide all phases of construction services. This way, if there is further damage to the home your single search for 'water damage near me' will give you a complete repair experience!
Large Loss Restoration & Construction Rhode Island
In a disaster restoration scenario, why choose SERVPRO? The answer is simple, peace of mind.
When a natural disaster, a fire, or even the wear and tear of time has caused damage to your home or business you need a restoration and construction team you can trust. We are prepared for any project and have the capability to grow our team and resources as needed if the restoration project is worse than expected and requires more immediate attention. We are so much more than your typical contractor and offer more value and better communication during restoration construction because it is already part of our day to day protocol.
Our experience cannot be understated. With almost 20 years in business, we have been part of recovery efforts in many of our countries largest natural disasters and are available to help our home communities 24/7. If you are in need of restoration and construction services make us your #1 call SERVPRO of Washington County.
A Team On The Rise
We are fierce competitors always striving to improve our game. This is how we approach every job, with a dedication to hard work and an understanding that we should always be learning and improving from our experiences. We have been on the front-lines of some of the countries biggest natural disasters where we managed every stage of the recovery & reconstruction process.
Our aggressive work ethic has helped us to earn the trust and respect of many well-recognized subcontractors including many of the north easts largest reconstruction contracting companies who rely on us when everything is on the line.
Of course, our experienced professionals can only be as good as their equipment allows. We boast an impressive inventory of restoration equipment allowing us to be prepared to manage and mitigate multiple disasters at one time.
We are proud of our team and will continue to build upon the hard work that has brought us so far already!
We are here when you need us.
Recently we were called upon by a local school for an emergency cleaning. This wasn't our typical emergency, such as a flood, fire or storm damage, but instead was a job that needed to be completed quickly due to the start of the school year!
When preparing to open for the 2018-2019 school year many teachers and faculty complained about a musky odor in the building. We were called in to test the quality of the air in the building and were able to detect impurities in the air, and with only 3 days to go until the start of school.
Due to the expedited time schedule, we brought in dozens of techs and a management team that would teach and lead our techs to ensure the school was safe and ready for students on the first day.