Residents of South Kingstown Use Professional Remediators to Gauge and Correct Mold Infestation
SERVPRO is Available for South Kingstown Residents in Need of Professional Mold Remediation.
South Kingstown is a township on Rhode Island in the Washington County District. The spacious township spreads out over 79.8 square miles and neighbors Charlestown, Narragansett, Richmond, and Exeter. The first British Settlements along the Pettaquamscutt River were set up in the seventeenth-century, and Kingstown was the site of a bloody battle during the King Philip's War in 1675. The community enjoys several historical sites that spread across Wakefield, Kingston Village, and Peace Dale. The current population of 30,639 can experience a mixture of athletics, arts, and culture in some of the many tracks, theater houses, and galleries. As an island county, the long stretches of beaches cover nearly ten-miles with various wildlife conservations, treks, fishing, and trails to explore. The proximity to water ensures that local cuisine centers on fresh oysters, seafood, and fish brought in from the bay or the adjacent Rhode Island Sound.
South Kingstown residents have the Atlantic Ocean to the south, which connects inland via the Rhode Island Sound and Block Island Sound. Since its inception, the location of this part of the United States has been fraught with conflict. In the early modern period, warfare between indigenous tribes, the Wampanoag, and settlers was common. Simultaneously, the desire of royalists to incorporate autonomous colonies like Rhode Island failed with the Glorious Revolution in 1688. During the Revolutionary War, the area was among the first of the New England colonies to renounce the crown and side with George Washington. The proximity of South Kingstown to the ocean made it a vital area, both militarily and economically. The industrial revolution put Rhode Island at the center of the country's growing wealth, while the Gilded Age saw many workers moving into the coastal community leading to rapid urbanization.
- The Old Mountain Field is a sixty-acre greenspace that hosts live music, firework displays, and several sporting facilities. Chief among these is the collegiate baseball field that hosts local up-and-comers the Ocean State Waves. The non-profit sports organization promotes some of the top players from collegiate programs across the US. In the past five years, 29 of these junior baseball players have been drafted.
- The Oceanside town features some small breweries and distilleries that are open to the public serving unique craft alcohol that you cannot find in other states. These include the Whalers Brewing Company on Kingstown Road, which serves high ABV American Ales until 10 pm, six days a week. Also on Kingstown Road is the Sons of Liberty Distillery. Specializing in award-winning American single malt whiskeys.
- The Contemporary Theater Company on Main Street is an all year round playhouse that offers contemporary plays, Shakespeare adaptations, comedy, drama classes, and a summer camp. During the warmer months, an outdoor stage is set up for al fresco shows with special showings for kids and families. The organization relies on local donations to stay afloat, with many community enthusiasts signing up to volunteer, buy a membership, or become a patron of this cultural hub.
Eating out in South Kingstown, Rhode Island
The opportunities to find delicious, locally-caught seafood and fine-dining on Rhode Island are abundant. In keeping with its long history of immigration, South Kingstown provides a diverse mix of traditional American, Italian, and Japanese cuisines, all of which source local produce from the bay and the nearby Sound. Main street offers a culinary feast while fresh seafood restaurants line the waterfront for those looking to browse before they buy.
- While technically in neighboring Wakefield, Trattoria Romana South is well worth the short trip for South Kingstown residents. Serving up classic Italian seafood within a delicate dining setting has proved a popular choice with residents of the area and tourists. The relaxed ambiance coupled with home-made plates of pasta and seasonal menus makes this venue among the top fine dining experiences on the southern shore of Rhode Island.
- Matunuck Oyster Bar is a large restaurant overlooking the waterfront of Potter Pond on Succotash Road. The unique raw oyster bar brings people through the doors with a fine selection of shrimp, clams, cherrystones, and many more. Most vegetables are grown organically on the far end of the pond at the oyster bar's plot, while seafood for the raw bar is farmed in Potter Pond itself.
- Brickley's Ice Cream on Main Street is a seasonal business that serves freshly-made ice-creams to its clamoring customers. Located directly opposite the Contemporary Theater Company, queues can stretch around the block during peak periods.
South Kingstown Residents Can Rely on SERVPRO to Perform Responsible Mold Remediation
Mold growth can be a worrying issue in your property. While molds, and other microbial organisms, are a natural part of our indoor environment, they can become problematic, causing unpleasant odors and indoor air-quality issues. Fungi are organisms that break down and feed on organic matter. Without intervention, these organisms can begin to breakdown parts of your building material assembly as well as fittings and furnishings. The ability to reproduce quickly in the right conditions allows molds to spread from one area to another rapidly and is often hidden inside wall cavities or subfloors. The core principle of controlling mold is to correct a latent moisture problem that allows them to grow and reproduce.
- Our technicians are happy working with indoor environmental specialists and hygienists to deliver a game plan for tackling mold.
- In the absence of a scientific professional, we can operate under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC).
- Our teams have the experience and equipment needed to correct moisture problems, remove or reinstall building assembly, and get rid of mold colonies in your home.
- Careful treatment of semi-porous materials in your home using antimicrobial chemicals can help to prevent mold from building up during and after remediation.
If you suspect that mold is becoming an issue in your property, contact SERVPRO of Washington County at (401) 315-2337.